Friday, March 24, 2017

Budapest - December 2016

The trip is long over but I am finding that if I don't document these pictures pretty soon I won't know what they are all about so here goes...

 My driver - he was waiting for me at the 
airport. I really thought I "had arrived"


On our first night we went on a dinner cruise. These fine people took care of through out the evening.
 Once the band was done playing the violin player went around to different tables for requests. There were people from all over the world on the cruise and one of the songs requested was "Silent Night" (remember this was a Christmas time) the entire boat sang the song in english. Up until this point in my life I had no idea the world sang the same Christmas songs. It was a cool experience.

 The Is the Budapest Parliament. The second largest in the world. Totally beautiful at night, especially when viewed on boat. 

 The band that played through out the evening.

 My hotel room 

another view of the room - it big, nice and lovely.

A TOUR OF BUDAPEST

 The guy at the top was the king at some point in the history of Hungry. Well, it has been documented that he was an exceptionally handsome man - he had a wife that lived in the castle with him, but it was rumored that he had hundreds (yes I said hundreds) of women though out his life - even with this constant womenizing he was loved by all of his country men - Apparently he was a good ruler with his head and his.....

Budapest is known for its thermal baths and ice skating! As I was about to find out ice skating is very popular in eastern europe. Everyone ice skates.


This was our tour guide - she was wonderful

 My favorite store!!! 

 My traveling companions - 

 A view of the Pest side of the river

 Another view of the Pest side - 

 Just a view of a regular old street

 Our lunch menu


Me with the city in the back ground....

A very small sample of one of the Christmas Markets.

At every Christmas Market there is a bandstand - it's my understanding
that these are just pick up bands - regular people doing what
they love on stage - 

 We went to the oldest Opera house in Hungry to see 
the Nutcracker - this is a view from our box


yes - I said Box - Just like Julia Roberts in Pretty Women
when she was flown to San Fran for the opera




Dinner after the Opera - I loved having the violin
player serenade us. I know, I know I am easily impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment