Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sitting at My Old Starbuck's in Fairfax, VA

And it all comes full circle - here I am back in Virginia in my good, old reliable Starbucks with the free Wi-Fi. My trip here has been interesting to say the least. Of course, this being a Clark trip it has been a cluster! Mike called me at the Bluff saying that his flight from Charlotte, NC to Savannah was cancelled and he would try and catch the next available flight to Savannah. This was on Tuesday and we were going to leave for Virginia on Weds anyway so I said "Just stay in Charlotte and I'll pick you up at the airport." I checked the map and it looked like about a three and half hour drive. Well...SIX hours later I finally arrived at the airport! I ran into a freak snow storm that started right near Charleston, SC and didn't let up. It was dark, snowing, cars off the road in ditches, snow plows out, snowing, snowing, snowing and here I am in the thick of it. I have to admit I seriously wondered what in the hotel I was doing, but I forged on to the end. I picked up Mike and we headed straight to a Pet Friendly Hotel (an extra $20 for a dog....bummer). Anyway all was well. On Weds as we were heading for Fairfax and I told Mike about a diner that I had seen on the tv show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives in Richmond, VA. I asked him if he would like to stop there - being the game sport that he is he said "Yes". Thank God for the talking GPS lady because she led us right to Dot's Back Inn.



We loved it! At that point we decided to spend the night in Fredricksberg because I told Mary we would arrive on Thursday and I didn't want to call her at 7:00 at night and blah, blah, blah. So another night on the road was fine with both us. We arrived at Mary's on Thursday and have been "visitin'" ever since. We are leaving tomorrow to head home. The journey will be coming to an end. But I have a feeling that since I'm traveling with Mike there will be one last post! Who knows where we will stop on the way home! What Diner, Drive-In or Dive can we find between here at St. Louis???


Miss Scarlet assuming her favorite position

Dear, Sweet Aunt Mary's farm house.

Mike and Mary in her kitchen

Mike drinking coffee in a cute little coffee shop
in Fredricksberg, VA


And a good time was had by all....


No comments:

Post a Comment