Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sister has arrived!

I picked Peggy up at the Jacksonville airport Thursday - we had a full day! The only snag in an otherwise perfect mini-vacation is that for the first time in 20 years snow was in the forecast!! Peggy almost froze to death - she kept saying "I didn't bring any warm clothes. I have to wear this red sweater everyday because it's the only warm thing I have." Unfortunately for us the weather just keeps getting colder with more and more wicked, cold rain. Our first stop was Jekyll Island, a beautiful place. Even the dead of winter the beauty will take your breath away. We spent a good amount of time of the island and then headed to Darien to have a late lunch at the Purple Pickle. I gave her a pretty good tour of Darien and all Peggy kept saying was "darling" "Oh, this is so cute!" She enjoyed lunch and then we headed home. As we left Darien she began to notice that the surrounds were beginning to - I don't know - how should I say it? Deteriorate? I told her to sit back and enjoy the ride, and oh what a ride we had! By the time we got to Shellman Bluff she was damn near speechless. First I took her to see Paula's house which is on a golf course. It is a mansion and it is beautiful so are the rest of the houses in her neighborhood. She could not believe that these big, giant houses were nestled in among everything else she had witnessed. At that point I felt she was ready to experience my neighborhood. We left the "projects" got back on the hardtop and headed over to my neck of the woods. As we turned off the road into what appears to be a front yard Peg's mouth dropped open and she said, "Oh, My, God" "I could not have stayed here" deeper and deeper we went into the yard of neighbors. I laughed and said "Trust me you will love it before you leave". Soon enough we were at Lin and Jimmy's beautiful home on the river. You have to remember the south is experiencing the coldest weather they have had in 20 years - Peggy looked at the House and commented that it was pretty and then I parked and we came in. She loves the little cottage - it is cute and comfy and just nice place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment