Monday, August 10, 2015

Azerbaijan - the first week

Left St Louis on Sunday - flew to NYC - left for Baku on Monday at noon - arrived in Baku Tuesday at 7AM! Peggy says I write to much and people would rather see pictures so I'm going to do a lot of pictures - but - I left the cable for the camera that allows pictures to load onto the computer at home! (either that or it's lost) So you are just going to have to be happy with the pictures from my phone for the time being.

 My first meal in Azerbaijan - I think they always use nice dishes.

 Yusif and his Mom, Manzar
 Farhad, Shamil (Aunt Ophelia's husband) & Javi and let
me tell you is there were ever two little boys that
keep the pot stirred you are looking
at them!
 On my first night we went downtown 

These buildings are lit up for the 2015 European Games
that were held in Baku in the Spring.

We left Baku Wednesday morning and went to a resort in the country. Everyone goes to the country during the summer to escape the heat - not to hurt any Azerbaijaini’s feelings but it’s hot everywhere so there is no escape. I told Yusif I’m going to start a business here and sell fans. If people just had a small fan it would be life changing. Meanwhile - you do get used to the heat and it is cooler out here in the country.





Naz and I shared a room - the others
stayed in one of the houses.
This is two pictures of our room
 Notice the chickens wandering around? I thought this was really something.....but as the week progressed....





This was the view outside our room. Notice the outdoor restaurant, where I had my first real dining experience.
One of the houses that you could rent.
 



Before we go any further maybe you should meet the cast of characters:

You already saw Yusif, his Mom and Frick and Frack
 Ayten, (pronounced I-ten) Yusif's wife
  Konul (Ayten’s sister) Sardar (Kernal’s husband) 

  
 Ahu - their daughter -I think her Mom had just washed her
 hair and I thought she looked so cute in the scarf!



Davud - their son


Manzar - Yusif's Mom on left
Alina - Ayten’s Mom on right



Naz - Ayten's Aunt

OK - so you have met the cast and crew. I will write more in a few....put I'll post this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment