Monday, August 10, 2015

Speaking of English

Before I go on - I'm at Nez's apartment for the rest of my stay - she has no AC - it's 10:30PM and it is still rather warm in here. I asked her if she had a fan - she said "yes" and went and got her blow dryer. Then I pulled up a picture of a fan online and said "no - this" and she looked and said "no I have no fan" I said "take me to the store tomorrow I'm going to buy you one" then she said "Mary, please we can go to Ofa's house (that is one of her sisters - she is out of town and left her key with Nez in case I need AC) I said "no I'll be fine - I am one tough cookie." She looked at me like I have three heads and said "you are a cookie?" I said "A tough cookie." Now - try explaining that to someone! I said "you know if you leave a cookie out at night the next day it's hard?" she said "yes" I said "so it's a tough cookie - it's hard to break. I'm a tough cookie. I can take this heat." she said "Oh - let me go write this down - a tough cookie!"......wonder what else she is going to learn this week???? I guess this is preparation for Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment