Wednesday, January 20, 2010

And the adventure begins

While packing for my trip to the south I began comparing it to a man's survival trip. They go out into the woods for a predetermined number of days. They bring basic supplies. They go communicate with nature and they survive on their own. Aside for the basic supplies and the communicating with nature thing I'm doing just that - a Women's Survival Trip. I have 45 days basically alone in a foreign land doing who knows what. My car is packed to the gills and Scarlet can't figure out what is going on. Her bed is in the back seat and every time I go to the car and open the door she jumps in and gets all comfy. I have to tell her to get out and come inside - she is mortally afraid that I'm going to leave her. I'm picking up my friend Carolyn in about 20 mins and then we are taking off. Hopefully we will make it to Chattanooga tonight - I have a bottle of Irish Mist so that tonight we can have a toast and begin this southern sojourn out right! As time goes on I'll try and add pictures and of course stories that occur along the way. Until I cross the Mason/Dixon line take care of yourselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment