Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Different way of livin'

Caroline left yesterday - we did so much while she was here that I just relaxed today - until I saw Jimmy and went out on his boat for a while. Jimmy and Lin are my landlords and they are both a riot. They dog sit for me when I go out, they have an indoor heated pool so I can do water exercise and now they take me out in the boat! The river down here is a lot different that up North - today we passed Harris Neck Island, Little Muddy and Big Muddy and you don't want to get caught in Big Muddy or you'll never get out! The sun was shining and we had a great ride. Next I'm going to see if Jimmy will teach me how to fish.

While Caroline was here we went all over the place - Savannah, St Simon's Island, Jekyll Island, Brunswick and Darien. On St. Simon's Island we ate at Barbara Jean's and had the
Best Crab Cakes
in Georgia if not on the east coast! The island was beautiful but the Crab Cakes were the highlight of the day - or so I thought until we stopped at
The Purple Pickle
in Darien. Man oh man it was unbelievable. First of all the restaurant is in an old house and it's painted in different shades of - you guessed it - purple. Art work for sale all over the walls - very eclectic. We both chose the
Parmesan Crusted Talapia
stuffed mushrooms
twice backed potatoes
I have never tasted anything so good! And that is why I am going back to the Pickle tomorrow to enjoy some more of their good food.

So far this week I have blown off Wii bowling and LRC! But next week I'm going to force myself to go out after dark. I have some pictures that I need to post - maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment