Thursday, February 17, 2011

Are You The Grandma?

Jav and I went to the park today. The first lady I talked to said "Are you the Grandma?" This is like the tenth time I've heard that since I've been here. What the hotel? The Grandma? I remember my Mom once telling me that life was a stage that you moved across. When you are little you are at stage right. As you grow you move closer and closer to the center. Then before you know it you are inching towards stage left until finally you are off the stage. I have always pictured myself right there - dead center - living, loving and laughing. Now I have the feeling I may have exited center stage and I'm making my way over to the left side. When did that happen? I think it happened when I came to Texas and everyone started asking me "Are you the Grandma?"

We had a good time at the park - Jav is one hundrend and ten percent all boy. He ripped and tore and screamed and yelled. I was thrilled to see him get some of his energy out. He really is a good little boy considering he has to spend most of his time playing by himself.

Yesterday Ayten told me she is sick and tired of Azere food - it is difficult to prepare and she would like for me to show her some easy things she can cook. So I'm thinking Tacos, chicken casserole, mexican chicken - I have to think of things that both Yusif and Jav will like - really Jav eats anything. I'm turning him on to some pretty bad crap - Cheese Curls, Vanilla Wafers and smarties. Smarties are my ace in the hole. When we get in the car I hand him a pack and say "nummy, nummy". God love him he repeats it, opens up his nummies,smiles and starts jibber jabbering (he's probably really saying something in Azere but it sounds like jibber jabbber to me). So if any of you out there in internet land know of some easy things to cook let me know. I'm going to make hamburgers one of these nights. Yusif is dying for some cannelloni which isn't easy but I'm going to show Ayten how to make it.

I finished my wonderful book, Galway Bay and ran across the saying: Cead Mille Failte which means "A hundred thousand welcomes" - I think I'm going to paint that on a wall somewhere in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment