Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ayten has many talents - one being a plumber!

Yesterday the kitchen sink started leaking. Yusif found water on the floor right when we were sitting down to dinner. He said "I'll clean it up" as he proceeded to the dinner table. Ayten was feeding the baby so when she came out she saw the water and said "I think it's the sink - it leaked before." I got up and got a towel and started cleaning it up. Yusif said "I told you I would clean that up" I wanted to say "When were you planning on doing it?" But instead I just wiped up the water. I said "Yusif are you going to be able to fix this?" He said "Yes" so after he finished eating he looked under the sink and pronounced to us that it was broken and needed a new part. Ayten said, "Yusif this has happened before - let me look at it." So she gets under the sink and comes out and says - "Yes - this is the piece we need." It was a plastic ring that goes inside of the white thing that looks like a bolt. Well, Jav is sick so he is crying. The baby still isn't asleep so they asked me if I would go to Home Depot and get the part. No problem. I ran to the store - picked up the part and gave it to Ayten. She gets under the sink and replaces the part. She said "there now it's fixed." Later that evening Yusif said that a while back their toilet was leaking. They had to call a plumber and he looked at it and said he could fix it and would charge $300. So Ayten asked him if he would tell her what it was that needed to be done. The plumber explains it to them and Ayten says "Is this something we can do ourselves?" The guy says "yes". Yusif then tells me Ayten went online and read all about how to fix the problem - how to turn the water off to the house and how to fix the toilet. So Yusif says then Ayten says "OK we are ready - Yusif I will tell you what needs to be done and how to do it." Together they got it fixed! So last night before I left for Home Depot I said to Yusif "I sure hope this is the part we need." He responded in a rather sarcastic way "Well, that is the part the plumber lady says we need!" I guess it doesn't really matter where you are from - all marriages are basically the same.

On anther note - everyone who knows me knows how cold I like to keep my house. They keep theirs at 75 degrees. I have never sweat ed so profusely in my life! I keep looking at the weather in St Louis and I see that it will be 32 when I arrive in the Gateway to the West and I can't wait to feel that good, cold air on my face!

My last comment - someone who wants to make a lot of money needs to invent two things - first a nook that will stay in a newborns mouth and second a pair of socks that will stay on a 6 - 12 month old childs feet. Now there - all of you inventors go to work - both of these items will be big sellers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment