Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's Ladies Night....

Last night some of Ayten's girlfriends came over for a visit. Below is a picture of the dining room ready and waiting for company.




Ayten and her girlfriends


We had a very nice evening - I told them I was teaching Ayten how to cook some American dishes. They said, "I hope she will share her new secrets with us." Ayten served the Rice Krisy squares that we made and one of the ladies said "Wow - I didn't know you could make them! I thought you only could buy them already made." I told them they were a good snack for growing kids. All of the ladies tasted them and loved them and asked "What is Marshmellow? I see that word sometimes in recipies and I don't know what it is." I explained what marshmellows were and they were happy with the explanation. Women are women all over the world. Everyone wants pretty much the same thing - work to keep your mind and hands busy, enough money to raise your family and good health. Some things are universal!

Ayten and Jav in the kitchen


Yusif adn Jav





Javenshir at the park



And last but not least I had to sneak in a picture of Sweet Baby Girl in the sweater that I knitted for her....




Today Ayten and I are going to make Yusif cannollini and he is looking forward to it. I'm glad I came down here to help them - they are good people. I told them I will come back every year in February for a couple of weeks. Isn't that why I took this early retirement? That way the boys can grow up and have a "grandma" come a visit every year and buy them little tricks and treats. I also told Diane G I would head over to San Antonio every year for a few days. Why not? Have a great day all.....signing out here in Houston....

No comments:

Post a Comment