Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Katy Texas - Day 3

Well well well - the dam has finally broken and the little man is willing to hang out with me a little bit. Last night the new baby didn't sleep at all and poor Ayten was exhausted this morning. I said I would take Javen to Target and he could get a toy - she agreed. Of course he didn't want to go with me and Ayten said "Let him cry" she was finally worn down. He wailed when we left but then he settled down quite well and we got to Target where he performed like a champ. I let him play in toy isle for a good long while then packed him up, bought a few things and off we went to McDonalds play land. What a Godsend that place is! He played and I knitted. One thing about this part of the country - you don't have to worry about not speaking English because not many speak the language. Javen fits in fine - I'm the outcast. I noticed that all of the other adults in McDonalds either had a friend to talk to or a cell phone to talk on - not one damn person could keep their yappers shut except me! How's that for a turn around??? I'm wondering if our new routine is going to be Target and McDonalds - hopefully I'll find a park somewhere nearby. Well all of my St Louis peeps - have fun and enjoy our spot in the world - it's as hot as hell down here in the big state of Texas - a summer here would kill me. As I close this post Javenshit is with his Mom and brother screaming and crying about something.....ah and life is back to normal in the Babenly household.

No comments:

Post a Comment